SharpFutures’ Women Change Manchester – 8th March 2016
Posted on February 1, 2016 by Ihtezaz
SharpFutures’ Women Change Manchester
On International Women’s Day Tuesday 8th March, SharpFutures are celebrating by hosting ‘Women Change Manchester’ at The Sharp Project to an invited audience of new entrants from Manchester and inspirational women from the creative digital sector.
‘Women Change Manchester’ starts with a screening of SharpFutures’ short film made to showcase inspirational Mancunian women from history, whose stories will be presented by inspirational women from Manchester who contribute to our society today. The event will also consist of creative digital tours of The Sharp Project and breakout mentoring sessions for the young women invited.
‘Women Change Manchester’ will:
- Inspire women of all ages to learn from each other and make a difference in Manchester.
- Highlight the pioneering work of the city region’s key game changers and business leaders.
- Share largely unheard stories of Mancunian women from history across a range of accessible mediums via vlogs, TV shorts and social media.
- Encourage and ‘seed’ ideas for careers and different pathways for the students through a mentoring/networking event.
- Shout about successful, inspiring women from a range of different backgrounds and reach a wide audience.