Posted on October 9, 2019 by Ihtezaz
Purpose of the role: At SharpFutures we offer a highly sought after new entrant apprenticeship where we recruit energetic and motivated individuals to train them to be a building runner in the creative digital sector. These apprentices are given the opportunity to work in the two most prominent facilities in Manchester and a chance to jump-start their career in the creative digital sector.
Working as a SharpFutures runner is a fantastic opportunity to gain a strong understanding of how customer service works, discover where you may like to steer your career and to acquire valuable skills plus earn a qualification in customer service.
As a runner you will work behind the scenes and do any small jobs and basic tasks necessary to help the building/company/production run smoothly. If you want to take a first step into the creative digital sector and are willing to turn your hand to any task that needs doing, this job could be ideal for you!
You will need to have the communication skills to develop good working relationships with people at all levels and you should enjoy being organised and managing your time well. Ultimately you should enjoy helping others and have pride in everything you do.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Setting up stages and rooms for productions and creative business’
- Dealing with queries of tenants and production companies
- Answering the phone
- Greeting and looking after visitors and guests
- Distributing messages to senior members of MCDA and SharpFutures
- Signing in and distributing post and parcels
- Filing and photocopying
- Keeping sets/building clean and tidy
- Making tea and coffee
- Using IT systems including the Microsoft package
- Occasionally cover of Front of House across The Sharp Project and Space Studios
- Support the POD team with admin tasks, recruitment days and client / POD member engagement
- Occasionally take part in ad-hoc POD Bookings with external POD clients
Requirements: As an apprentice this is a new entrant role and due to Health and Safety restrictions this role is only open to those apprentices over 18yrs old. Applications from Manchester residents are encouraged.
Benefits of SharpFutures:
- Salary national apprentice wage plus travel
- 35 hours a week (time given back in lieu for anything worked over)
- 28 days holiday
- Social events
- Activities on Campus (table football, pool etc)