Posted on August 2, 2022 by Ihtezaz
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Hours: 4 days a week
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 per annum pro rota based on experience
Are you a people person able to communicate at all levels and quickly gain rapport with others? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment with the ability to be flexible and responsive to the requests of our clients?
SharpFutures is looking for a Head of our People On Demand (POD) service who has a passion for supporting young creative talent from diverse backgrounds into the TV and creative digital sectors, making a positive impact on the lives of those we work with.
You will work in a fast-moving environment and enjoy a mixture of office based and remote working with some out of normal office hours work being required.
About the Company
SharpFutures is a social enterprise that supports diverse talent into employment in the creative digital sector and tech. By offering a range of informal Courses, Apprenticeships and Placements, SharpFutures nurture the transition into work, whilst responding to the fluctuating needs of creative digital businesses.
We seed ideas through services for education, we nurture the best talent through employment opportunities and real work experience, and we grow through the sale of our business products and services.
We are committed to family-friendly and flexible working policies on an individual basis and are supporters of the Greater Manchester Good Employment Charter. We welcome applications from people in all diversity groups, who are keen to contribute, flexible in approach and willing to continuously learn and adapt.
Based at The Sharp Project, Manchester, you’ll be working in a building designed to nurture your creative spirit and be part of a creative business community featuring a wide range of innovative and forward thinking companies.
People On Demand is a unique service designed to support creative businesses by providing the best young talent who can be booked either by the day or by the hour to assist on client projects or day to day activities. Examples of POD requests include film & photography social media, content creation, post-production location marshalling, set runners, building runners and event support,
It is also about ensuring that POD members are supported in their work by being paid a fair wage, have holiday entitlement and are insured as well as being able to access the pastoral care that is so important for new entrants to the creative digital sector.
SharpFutures is an ambitious social enterprise committed to developing opportunities for young people in the region as well as help grow the TV production and creative digital sectors in Greater Manchester and beyond by working with high profile clients such as the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, SKY Studios, Coop, Our Pass, Space Studios, JD Sports and Netflix.
You will have excellent communication skills which you will use to build relationships both in the private and public sectors. You will have extensive knowledge and lived experience of working with Production Companies and the creative digital sector with an understanding of what TV clients require. You will have knowledge of job roles, responsibilities and an understanding of technologies within the sector as well as an understanding of how content is created and an understanding of software packages and process used to create content.
You will be able to support and nurture talent whilst promoting POD and acting as a passionate and enthusiastic ambassador for SharpFutures alongside understanding the social enterprise remit of the organisation. You will have some experience of working with 18-24-age range and above.
You will have a great eye for detail and have a high standard on the quality of your work and the work of those you support. You will continually seek out opportunities to grow the POD function through networking and attending relevant events across the region. You will attract new clients and work closely with existing clients while developing our POD members to meet the demands of the assignments you find. Although not essential, experience in recruitment would be a great advantage.
About the role
This is a hugely rewarding role, one that will provide you the opportunity to have a genuine positive impact to the careers of the young people across Greater Manchester as well as responding to the needs of our clients.
This role is ideal for someone who thrives in a busy environment and is committed to making a positive social impact within the region.
- Development of systems to enable the smooth running of the function
- Recruitment, selection and training of a diverse range of talent
- Working with Universities and Colleges to promote SharpFutures and the opportunities being a member of POD will bring
- Representing SharpFutures on Open Days and other events where talent can be sourced, delivering presentations to promote our services
- Updating systems as each POD member progresses and grows their skills
- Identifying areas of future development and growth, seeking to close any skills gaps which appear
- Manage and fulfil client requirements, giving accurate pricing
- Maintaining contact with, and seeking new clients, in both the public and private sector, keeping abreast of the opportunities they have in the pipeline
- Developing new client relationships
- Excellent customer service where clients expectations are fulfilled
- Accurate pricing of projects which generate profit
- Retention of talent through the provision of opportunities which match and stretch skills
- Development of systems and processes which allow the function to develop and grow
- Providing an excellent experience for all POD members
- Working from The Sharp Project, one of Manchester’s leading creative digital hubs. Find out more about it here.
- The option to work remotely, in a flexible and supportive team environment.
- Regular fitness and social activities available on-site.
How to Apply
To apply for this opportunity, please send your CV to email@example.com.