Finance and Administration Apprenticeship
Posted on December 19, 2018 by Ihtezaz
SharpFutures is a social enterprise that supports young people into employment in the creative digital sector.
We are currently offering a highly sought after new entrant apprenticeship where we aim to recruit an energetic and motivated individual to train in Finance and Administration within the creative digital sector. This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to work at two of the most prominent facilities in Manchester and a chance to jump-start your career in the creative digital sector. You will join a young, enthusiastic team, the majority of whom joined SharpFutures in similar Apprenticeships and have developed into creative digital professionals.
Whilst the main duties will be finance and office administration in this dynamic industry, you will also have the opportunity to carry out front of house and customer service duties at both The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester. All of this whilst studying towards a Level 3 Apprenticeship in Finance.
In addition, all our Apprentices are enrolled onto our POD Programme which provides you with a variety of client-facing work experience working with external companies. This Apprenticeship includes the equivalent of 1 day per week in POD roles.
We are looking for individuals who are willing and dedicated to completing a 15-18 month apprenticeship and who have a keen interest in finance, especially bookkeeping and accountancy. You will also need to have good communication skills to develop working relationships with people at all levels and you should enjoy being organised and managing your time well. Start date will be mid-February 2019.
Due to Health and Safety restrictions this role is only open to applicants over the age of 18. Priority will be given to Manchester residents, followed by residents from Greater Manchester but applications are welcome from residents of other areas. Job seekers, college leavers, and graduates are all welcome to apply.
Deadline for applications is Friday 11th January 2019. Formal interviews will take place on week commencing 28th January with a view to a mid-February start date. You may also be asked to come in for an informal meeting on weeks commencing 14th January and 21st January.
- Raising sales invoices and sending to client once approved.
- Assisting with credit control
- Processing and collating purchase invoices for payment
- Preparing and processing expense claims and petty cash control
- Maintaining and tracking holiday requests and holiday records
- Collating weekly timesheets and log hours worked and calculating holiday pay
- Updating payroll summary
Office Administration and Front of House
- Ordering stationery, office refreshments and cleaning products for the office as required.
- Reviewing Office email and responding / dealing with any queries.
- Answering the telephone and directing calls to the relevant person.
- Ensuring all office equipment is running and working, and reporting to the correct people where there are any defects.
- Covering Front of house at The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester, including answering phone calls, managing room bookings, greeting guests and assisting tenants with queries
- Salary for Year 1 will be £7,800 + travel allowance. In Year 2 you will receive the National Minimum Wage for your age band. We also provide a career path and progression pathway for you once you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship
- 37.5 hours a week (time given back in lieu for hours worked over this)
- 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Internal and External Social Activities such as keep fit classes, yoga, table tennis. etc
- 5 GCSE’s grade C or above including Maths & English
- Keen interest in Bookkeeping and Accountancy
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate with good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent Communication Skills