Discover Apprentice Recruitment
Posted on December 20, 2018 by Ihtezaz
[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_message message_box_style=”solid” style=”square” message_box_color=”violet”]PLEASE NOTE – Applications for this role are now closed![/vc_message][/vc_column][/vc_row]
[vc_row][vc_column width=”1/4″][vc_single_image image=”7857″ img_size=”200 x 200″ alignment=”center”][/vc_column][vc_column width=”3/4″][vc_column_text]SharpFutures: Discover Apprenticeship – New entrant role
Role: Junior Content producer
Deadline for applications: Friday 25th January 2019.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]SharpFutures is a social enterprise that supports young people into employment in the creative digital sector.
We are currently offering a highly sought after new entrant apprenticeship where we aim to recruit an energetic and motivated individual to train in our Discover department. This apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to work at one of Manchester’s leading digital and creative facilities and a chance to jump-start your career in the creative digital sector. You will join a young, enthusiastic team, the majority of whom joined SharpFutures in similar Apprenticeships, and who have developed into creative digital professionals.
Our Discover department aims to seed talent and skills for the Creative Digital sector by engaging young people and educating them on possible career options and events taking place within the creative/digital sector in Manchester as well as providing work experience opportunities for pupils at schools throughout Manchester. The objectives of Discover are inspiring young people into the variety of different careers in this sector through engaging with them through different types of media and supporting the coordination of workshops, master-classes, educational events and resources to increase awareness.
As well as supporting our Discover Lead, you will also be tasked to work as part of the Studio Team for the Discover Department, assisting in the design and production of flyers, web designs and presentations for both the Discover team and our clients. In addition to this, you will be required to carry out duties as a creative digital runner at both The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester. All of this whilst studying towards a Level 3 Junior Content Producer Apprenticeship.
All our Apprentices are enrolled onto our POD Programme which provides you with a variety of client-facing work experience working with external companies. This Apprenticeship includes the equivalent of 1 day per week in POD roles.
We are looking for individuals who are willing and dedicated to completing a 15-18 month apprenticeship and who have a keen interest in the creative digital sector. You will also need to have good communication skills to develop working relationships with people at all levels and you should enjoy being organised and managing your time well. Start date will be mid-January 2019.
Due to Health and Safety restrictions, this role is only open to applicants over the age of 18. Priority will be given to Manchester residents, followed by residents from Greater Manchester but applications are welcome from residents of other areas. Job seekers, college leavers, and graduates are all welcome to apply.
Deadline for applications is Friday 25th January 2019. Formal interviews will take place on the week commencing 28th January with a view to a mid-February start date. You may also be asked to come in for an informal meeting on weeks commencing 14th January and 21st January.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Main duties:
- Assisting the development of education resource packs to support the company’s work with schools, including tours, career fairs and work experience
- Providing administrative support to the Discover Lead, including reports, presentations and preparing statistics and handling data, such as attendance figures of workshops and school visits
- Helping to plan and deliver events such as career fairs, school tours and other industry related events
- Engaging with our sector market and building relationships within the community and carrying active research within the local community; groups, meetings, clubs etc.
- Supporting and delivering tours of The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester and carrying out presentations about creative digital careers to different audiences such as schools, colleges, sixth forms, universities, community groups etc.
- Completing graphic design tasks for our respective clients including Mail Chimp newsletters
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Creative Digital Runner
- Supporting The Sharp Project and Space Studios Manchester FM (facility management).
- Setting up stages for productions
- Helping with load in /load out
- Greeting visitors and communicating effectively with tenants and guests
- General housekeeping and hosting
- Setting up general offices spaces for meetings etc.
- Salary for Year 1 will be £7,800 + travel allowance. In Year 2 you will receive the National Minimum Wage for your age band. We also provide a career path and progression pathway for you once you have successfully completed your Apprenticeship
- 37.5 hours a week (time given back in lieu for hours worked over this)
- 28 days holiday, including Bank Holidays
- Internal and External Social Activities such as keep fit classes, yoga, table tennis. etc
- Attention to detail
- Computer Literate
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Love working with young people
- A keen eye for graphic design
- Public Speaking
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]To apply for this role, please forward your cv and the Equal Opportunities form to firstname.lastname@example.org.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]