Digital Shine – FAQ
Here at SharpFutures, we know that it can be difficult for women to access creative and digital careers, and that it can be even harder if you’re from a BAME background, or have responsibilities within the home. This is why we are excited to launch the Digital:SHINE, which aims to support women in Greater Manchester in entering and excelling within the creative and digital industries.
Digital:SHINE is a 6-week course where the program is as unique as you are. You can personalise what you learn, choosing from pathways like entrepreneurship, content creation, social media and business administration. You can attend masterclasses delivered by industry professionals covering all aspects of digital marketing, copy writing, brand building, social media and much more.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be 16 or over and resident in Greater Manchester
- Be unemployed, economically inactive or at risk of redundancy
- Be legally resident in the UK and can take up paid employment within the EU.
If you a successful in gaining a place on this course you will need have access to a laptop and an internet connection. We ask that you be available for the full six weeks that the course runs so you are able to get the most out of participating.
Although this course will be delivered online and has been designed to be accessible for participants who may have caring responsibilities within the home, or wish to further their learning without compromising on personal or cultural expectations that may prevent them from attending a classroom-based course, we would like you to be available to travel to M40 5BJ for part of the course delivery (2 full days TBC).
Digital:SHINE will start with the importance of a polished social media presence and digital footprint which prepares participants for the job market. Individuals will be encouraged to complete a personal brand audit, assess the platforms that are relevant for business, review the security of their own digital presence and learn digital marketing.
Participants will benefit from access to online courses and masterclasses delivered by industry professionals during the 6-week course. This will include:
- An overview of creative digital and tech careers
- Identifying your most profitable skills
- Mental resilience and overcoming imposter syndrome
- Storytelling and personal brand
- Creative ways to get noticed in the market
- Time management and accountability
- How to assess, implement and integrate digital systems
- Digital marketing
- Managing budgets
- How to write compelling copy
- Importance of digital security
The deadline date for applications is on Wednesday 27th October 2021 at 5pm.