Looking to work in the creative sector and want to earn as you learn? Then look no further. SharpFutures is hiring.
We have x3 Apprentice positions available so if you’re a brilliant organiser and planner and great with people we’d be keen to hear from you. The job roles involve delivering Front Of House customer service at creative digital hubs Arbeta and The Sharp Project as well as working in the SharpFutures office across our recruitment service and the wider SharpFutures in-house education, creative and marketing teams.
Annual wage: £6 per hour(£10,290 yearly) to £8 per hour (£14,560 yearly) dependent on experience.
Hours: Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm with 1 hour lunch break. Total hours per week: 35.0
Apprenticeship level: Advanced Level 3 (A level)
Positions: 3 available
Deadline for Applications: Friday 2nd Feb 2024.
What you will do in your working day
This role combines two distinct business requirements: Frontline reception duties and office administration. The core skills and learning will focus on customer service, organisation, planning, logistics and finance within a digital people-centred environment.
We’re a very supportive employer, who is experienced at delivering successful apprenticeships. As our office is based within a creative hub of over 75 businesses, this role offers you the chance to network and learn about the creative sector from within.
Your main duties will include:
- Reception Duties – You will be responsible for creating a welcoming and professional impression on the creative production tenants & their guests. You will train in handling phone & email interactions, managing postal deliveries using bespoke software and booking in visitors.
- Within the office, you will be trained in assisting in the following processes & systems:
- Recruitment: organising & tracking applications, arranging interviews etc. using MS Office (Excel/Outlook/Teams) & Zoom.
- Client & staff contract processing
- Training Course Content production– proofreading, sharing & uploading training course resources, in using PowerPoint
- Event Management – tracking RSVP notifications for online or in-person attendance, organisation of event logistics and event timing.
- Finance – tracking client work schedules and recording invoicing details into a spreadsheet and creating weekly summary reports.
- You will be using MS Office, SharePoint, a variety of office management systems, as well as online communications tools such as Slack and Zoom throughout your apprenticeship.
The above duties are not an exhaustive list and may also include additional ad hoc duties as and when needed.
The training you will be getting
In addition to gaining practical experience in the role, you will also attain an NVQ Level 3 in Business Admin which will help start your career and give you an insight into the businesses processes and procedures. Our training is all completed remotely via teams with a development coach who will be available for support 24/7. You receive 20% off the job training during this Apprenticeship which is included in your weekly working hours.
What to expect at the end of your apprenticeship
Upon completion, the skills you will gain will allow you to work in a production management team in TV, Film or the wider creative sector, a recruitment team (in any industry) or a wider HR administration role (in any industry). If you’d like to find out more about work and jobs in the creative industries, check out the Screenskills site here.
How To Apply
If you are interested in applying then please click here to find more about the job roles, how to apply and the deadline for applications.
Please note that due to funding requirements you must live in or within the surrounding areas: Cheetham Hill, Crumpsall, Harpurhey, Miles Platting, Newton Heath, Clayton, Openshaw, Moss Side, Longsight, Gorton, Abbey Hey and Levenshulme.
If you have any questions please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.