SharpFutures is a social enterprise that supports young people into employment in the creative digital sector.
We are a digital agency that supports our clients by offering Graphic Design, Social Media, Marketing & PR, Running, Front of House and Web Development. We are currently looking for a Campus Events Coordinator to support our clients.
Our clients include an inspirational multi-million pound co-working space and large purpose built TV production building and as Campus events coordinator you will support our client’s community to create, plan and execute an event calendar that connect and informs while striking a balance between professional and relaxed. Community events should aim to development, showcase, promote and match the needs to the tenants and the client. You will responsible for blending these events seamlessly and promoting the calendar.
To apply for this job you will be will be outgoing, pro-active and thrive on meeting and interacting with people. You will be passionate about organising, planning and will know how to whip up excitement within the digital creative sector.
You will love all things digital creative from Virtual Reality to new platforms in wearable tech. You will report to the Head of PR & Marketing and must be confident working on your own and as well as under instruction. This opportunity allows the freedom to develop this role in line with the passion and interests of a community built around the digital creative sector.
In return you will work with a diverse group of companies and people and enjoy the freedom to devise and pitch new activities where appropriate.
- Develop and host a minimum of 12 community events a year around the client’s requirements.
- Develop the role to support the community of the building.
- Create and develop a communication network for the community.
- Complete all administration and written communications for all activities.
- Stand in as Campus host when needed.
- Project manage all tenant communications and ensure that regular and consistent MailChimps are collated and distributed.
- Prepare all press packs and ensure that board reports are prepared for and all press is collated.
- Personable (you should love and thrive on meeting people and making business connections where appropriate).
- Passionate (you should love everything tech and digital as well as the start-up scene).
- Flexible (be prepared to be at every event including events held at weekends and in the evenings).
- Curious (you should want to visit other events, buildings at other locations).
- Fun (you should love to organise group activities tailored towards your audience, and ensuring that they have maximum capacity).
- Articulate (you enjoy writing and sharing corporate messages in a fun and informative way).
- Graphic design: workable knowledge of the adobe suite
- Understanding of social media and general marketing prowess
- Awareness and knowledge of code in relation to building a MailChimp
- Writing copy and understanding how to bring excitement to the written word
Hours and perks
- upto 40hrs a week (this could include weekend and evenings)
- 28 days holiday
- Pool table
- Table football
- Table tennis
- On-site canteen
- lots of social activities (as you will be in charge of the calendar!)
To apply for this role, please forward your cv to email@example.com